Today is the day where Xiaomi announced their latest flagship smartphone. The company skipped the Mi7 and announce the Mi8 instead in conjunction with their 8th year anniversary.
The company announced 3 new smartphones under the Mi 8-series, Mi8, Mi 8 (SE) & Mi 8 Explorer Edition.
Xiaomi Mi 8
▪ Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
▪ 6GB/8GB of RAM
▪ 64GB/128GB/256GB UFS Onboard Storage
▪ 6.21-inch Full HD+ Samsung SuperAMOLED Display
▪ Dual 12-megapixel (f/1.8) + 12-megapixel (f/2.4) Rear Camera with A.I. Capability
▪ 20-megapixel Front Camera with 3D Facial Recognition
▪ Dual-frequency GPS
▪ EMUI 10 with A.I.
▪ 6GB RAM + 64GB Storage – RMB 2,699 (about RM 1,677)
▪ 6GB RAM + 128GB Storage – RM 2,999 (about RM 1,863)
▪ 6GB RAM + 256GB Storage – RM 3,299 (about RM 2,049)
▪ 8GB RAM + 128GB Storage – TBC
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE
This is a more budget-friendly variant that powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 and sport a slightly smaller 5.88-inch AMOLED Full Screen display. Camera wise it’s a paired with dual camera setup; 12-megapixel plus 5-megapixel rear cameras. The front camera is the same with the Mi 8.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition
This gonna be the most premium Mi 8 that features an in-display fingerprint scanner and semi-transparent rear case. The specifications are similar to the standard Xiaomi Mi 8
Prices for both Xiaomi Mi 8 SE and Mi 8 Explorer to be announced later.
Check out the promo video of the MIUI 10