Do you have multiple chargers for different electronic devices? A charger for your laptop, another for your smartphone, tablet, and wearables.
The VOLTME Revo 140W PD 3.1 GaN charger would be the answer for you to consolidate all chargers into one and here’s why.
VOLTME Revo 140W Specifications
- Charging Technology: GaN (Gallium Nitride)
- Output Power: 140W (Max)
- Input Power: 100V – 240V, 2A (Max), 50/60Hz
- Ports: 2x USB C + 1x USB A
- Charging Protocol: PD 3.1 and later, QC 5.0 and later, PPS, AFC, SCP, APPLE 5V2.4A, BC 1.2
- Protection Features: Short-circuit, Over-voltage, Over-current, Over-temperature
- Dimension: 50 x 73.5 x 103.5 mm @ 259 grams
- Price: US$ 89
Design & Charging Protocols
This isn’t any bigger than a standard laptop power brick that can charge three devices simultaneously with a maximum output of 140W combined. The VOLTME Revo 140W even recently won the CES 2023 Innovation Award and the 2023 Red Dot Design Award.
It features two USB-Cs and a single USB A. Covers all the modern USB charging standard protocols including; Power Deliver 3.1 (top USB C only) with a max power output of 140W, PD 3.0, PD, 2.0, Quick Charge 5 and later, PPS, AFC, SCP, FCP, and APPLE 5V2.4A.
All these are thanks to the benefit of using GaN or Gallium Nitride semiconductor materials that offer high charging efficiency compared to conventional silicon chargers. It also has higher thermal stability, hence the charger can stay cooler even in long spans of usage.
The VOLTME Revo 140W also features Short-circuit Protection, Over-voltage Protection, Overheating Protection, Over-current Protection, and Over-temperature Protection to keep all your devices safe from any short-circuit damages.
Charges Everything Fast
The top USB C can harness the full 140W that supports PD 3.1 like the new Apple Silicon Macbook Pros and some powerful Windows gaming laptops, while the middle USB C provides 100W output that supports PD 3.0 or later. The bottom USB A caters to devices with lower charging needs or older USB cables by providing up to 22.5W of output.
Although each of the three ports has different power outputs, it can leverage the power ratings to efficiently charge multiple devices concurrently.
- Dual USB C (65W + 65) – The charger will intelligently split the power by providing 65W to each port to charge two high-power devices simultaneously.
- USB C (Top) + USB A (100W + 22.5W) – This combination allows users to charge a high-power device like a laptop with much lower power demands concurrently.
- Triple Port (65W + 45W + 22.5W) – While utilizing all three ports, the charger will split the outputs in such configuration; 65W on the top, 45W in the middle, and 22.5W at the bottom. This allows efficient fast charging of multiple devices like a laptop, a tablet, and a smartphone.
The VOLTME Revo 140W is worth considering if you’re seeking a future-proof multiport charger and offers great versatility charging solutions.
The only complaint that I have about this charger is the tall design. It may not be able to fit in some spaces due to its tall shape or would tumble if you plug it on a loose extension. I wouldn’t mind having a thicker design but a more balanced weight and shape.
Where to buy
The VOLTME Revo 140W is not available officially in Malaysia but you can purchase it through Amazon where it ships not only to Malaysia but globally.