Twitter’s new update has brought a new push notification feature called “Highlight”.
This new feature summaries / roundup the most important tweets and trending topics from the accounts that you follows. This is good to whom has a very long list of followers.
It will push the notifications twice a day and you can view it manually from the native app itself: located in between Messages and Search.
Be default the notification are disabled. You can enabled it manually:
- Make sure you have the latest version Twitter installed (v 5.56)
- Launch your Twitter app, tap on the three dots in the top right corner
- Tap on Settings then pick your account
- Tap on “Mobile Notification” and scroll down search “Highlights)
- Enable it and you will see the highlight the new Highlights tab
The Highlights allows you to view images and tweet in full screen, swiping left to view more.