The successor of Huawei Mate 7, Mate 8 has officially launched yesterday and expected to showcase at CES in early January 2016.
Huawei Mate 8 featuring a large 6-inch Full HD display and comes with thinner 2.5D edges. A little disappointed QHD was not used as most of the flagship now features atleast 2K resolution.
As per rumored it’s packed with HiSilicon Kirin 950 processor with 4x Cortex A72 @ 2.3GHz + 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.8GHz. Design wise, it made out of aluminum and has very narrow bezel allowing it to achieve 83% screen-to-body ratio. It comes with 4 colors; Champagne Gold, Moonlight Silver, Space Gary and Mocha Brown.
It comes with 4 variants:
- 3GB of RAM / 32GB Storage (TDD LTE)
- 3GB of RAM / 32GB Storage (TDD/FDD LTE)
- 4GB of RAM / 64GB Storage (TDD/FDD LTE)
- 4GB of RAM /128GB Storage (TDD/FDD LTE)
On the rear you will find a SONY 16 megapixel IMX298 with f/2.0 lens camera that feature 3-axis Optical Image Stabilizer and a 360 degrees round fingerprint sensor. Front camera it integrated with an 8 megapixel SONY IMX179 camera with f/2.4 aperture.
Mate 8 will be running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Huawei Emotion UI 4.0 out-of-box.
With such powerful processor and huge screen, it pumped with a 4,000mAh battery that also support QuickCharging and Huawei claimed to have 2 days battery life on normal usage and 17 hours of HD video playback.
The Huawei Mate 8 will be available first in China in the first quarter of 2016 and follow by international version after presented at CES in January 2016.
As for the price:
- 3GB of RAM / 32GB Storage (TDD LTE) – RMB 2,999 (about RM 1,979 / US$ 468)
- 3GB of RAM / 32GB Storage (TDD/FDD LTE) – RMB 3,199 (about RM 2,111 / US$ 499)
- 4GB of RAM / 64GB Storage (TDD/FDD LTE) – RMB 3,699 (about RM 2,441 / US$ 578)
- 4GB of RAM /128GB Storage (TDD/FDD LTE) – RM 4,399 (about RM 2,903 / US$ 686)