Yes! You read it right! Today Google has revealed that its Android Wear platform are now working on iPhone. It’s a good news as the only smartwatch available for Apple iPhone is Apple Watch. It only come with a square design and the price is rather high.
With the support of Android Wear platform, you can now have more smartwatch options like Moto 360, LG R Watch, LG R Watch Urbane, ASUS ZenWatch and much more. The price is much more affordable, more designs and display shape comparing to Apple Watch. For instant, the Moto 360 is available for less than US$150.
Initially the supported of Android Wear Smartwatch are only limited to the new smartwatch like Huawei Watch, ASUS ZenWatch 2 and the LG Watch Urbane. After some testing, Moto 360 are able to pair with an iPhone after updated the Moto 360 update it software to Android Wear 1.3 as well the Android Wear app on iOS,
This are the features available on Android Wear platform that connected to iPhone
- Your notifications from the iPhone are mirrored on Android Wear.
- You get Google Now cards on the watch.
- There are a bunch of different watch faces — including select third-party watch faces — that you can install and use.
- There are a few native apps on the watch you can tap into, like Weather or a clever Translate app.
- Voice search works, including various reminders that you might want to send to Google Now.
- You can do fitness tracking on the watch with Google Fit.
- You can get rich notifications from a small set of Google apps, such as Calendar and Gmail.
- Take note: If you smartwatch has connected to an Android smartphone, you are required to factory reset before connect to your iPhone.
Notifications from iPhone show up normally and able to install third-party watch faces from Google’s limited collection in the iOS app.
Leave a Comment