ASUS India has just unveiled the ASUS ZenFone 6 (6z for India Market) smartphone today. ASUS India unable to use the “ZenFone” name as the Delhi High Court ruled the existing trademark of the word Zen which belongs to a local Telco company, Telecare Network. Telecare Network has been using the Zen and ZenMobile naming of its products since 2008 and the company claims that the ZenFone branding would cause confusion in the minds of the public.
Back to the device, the ASUS ZenFone 6 or 6z is ASUS’s 2019 flagship smartphone and it comes with three configurations for India Market;
- 6GB + 64GB – Rs. 31,999 (about MYR 1,915)
- 6GB + 128GB – Rs. 34,999 (about MYR 2,094)
- 8GB + 256GB – Rs. 39,999 (about MYR 2,393)
It comes with two colours options; Midnight Black and Twilight Silver. The ASUS ZenFone 6 or 6z will go on sale on 26th June 2019 exclusively through Flipkart.
A recap of the ASUS ZenFone 6 specification;
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- 6GB/8GB of RAM
- 6.4-inch Full HD+ IPS Notch-less Display
- 64GB/128GB/256GB Onboard Storage
- Flip-up Dual Camera Setup; 48MP + 13MP Ultra Wide
- 5,000 mAh Battery with Fast Charge 18W
The ZenFone 6 is expected to announce to Malaysia market very soon as it has just passed Malaysia’s SIRIM certification.