A Women Electrocuted To Death When Using Her HTC One (M8) While Charging. TNB Explained The Cause

This is not the first case when someone get electrocuted when using their phone while charging. The incident took place at Taman Desa Baiduri, Cheras on last Friday night. The deceased, Ms.Suhana Mohamad was talking on phone which it was charging when she got sudden-electrocuted to death.

The TNB’s officer launched an investigation on the smartphone used by the deceased which is a HTC One (M8) together with the house’s internal electric system.

TNB’s officer said “The charger that was used by Ms. Suhana was not genuine which caused electric leaking and nothing to do with the smartphone. The deceased’s husband also claimed that the charger used was an aftermarket where she bought it from a normal store.

The mother of two left her two kids behind, a 5 year old son and a 2 year old daughter at the young age of 30.

PSA, do not buy any aftermarket charger for sake of prices. Make sure the charger has passed SIRIM test with a certificate sticker on it. Even if you are using genuine charger, you are also not advisable to use it as the battery get heated while charging.

Source: Utusan Online

Facebook Comments